A Primer of Oil and Gas Measurement
This training manual introduces inexperienced personnel to the basic procedures, standards, and instruments used to measure oil and gas. It is intended as a primer for both those who measure oil and gas and those who witness measurement procedures. It can be used as an introduction for people new to the industry or as a reference for those knowledgeable about other areas of the industry but unfamiliar with measurement procedures and practices.
- Tank measurement
- Gauging petroleum and petroleum product heights in stationary tanks
- Measuring the temperature, density, and suspended S&W content of liquids in tanks
- Manual sampling of petroleum and petroleum products
- Automatic sampling of petroleum and petroleum products
- An introduction to LACT systems
- Meters and meter proving
- Orifice meter installations
This book is produced in cooperation with the API.
ISBN 0-88698-160-0. 1993, 184 pp.