Modern Commercial Wiring, 6th Edition
Modern Commercial Wiring covers design, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance. It provides comprehensive instruction regarding the complex wiring requirements associated with commercial installations. Specialized areas, such as motor control, emergency power systems, hazardous locations, and pool and fountain installations, are included. This is an ideal text for those with a background in electrical principles and wiring who want to add to their skills.
- The text is based on the 2014 NEC, and many code references are made throughout the text.
- Activities that familiarize students with using the NEC bring another element of real-world practice into the class.
- Chapters are arranged in logical sequence but can be used independent of one another.
1. Electrical Fundamentals Review
4. Electrical Prints, Specifications, and Codes
5. Wiring Methods
7. Boxes and Conduit Bodies
8. Overcurrent Protection
9. Service and Distribution
12. Branch Circuits and Feeders
14. Motor Controls
15. Emergency Power
16. Hazardous Locations
17. Pools and Fountains
18. Maintenance and Troubleshooting